Thursday, February 25, 2021

Filming Schedule

    As we begin nearing the actual filming portion of the project I came to the realization that there is no way I can do this completely on my own. As someone with zero filming experience, I thought it'd be best to get some extra help. Luckily for me, a friend of mine that I've known since we were five was in the same position. Because Nicole is in a different class period than I am didn't have the option to officially work together however we came to an agreement to help each other out as much as we can. For me, Nicole will act as the, well, actor for the film. This turned out great for me because not only does she have a passion for writing but I also feel more comfortable behind the camera rather in front. I also have more control over what the film will look when solely directing as opposed to directing while also acting. 

    Our new partnership came with its own set of challenges. As juniors SAT and exams can get the best of us, making our schedules very difficult, and above that Nicole is very committed to her job which takes up a large portion of her time. Earlier today we called each other to discuss filming schedules and came up with the following. 

   Once the items I bought arrive, (which should be Wednesday), I will do my best to film the shots of the opening that don't exactly require an actor. Saturday, March 6th at 12 pm, we will meet together and help to film each of our projects. I'm hoping that we'll be able to decide on another filming date the following week because I genuinely don't think we'll be able to finish filming my shots, let alone hers as well, on one day. If I do end up unable to finish filming the parts that require Nicole, I'll just film myself using my tripod. If it comes down to that hopefully I will only have the indirect shots to film. 

    Despite these challenges, I am still very excited for the opportunity to be able to work with an amazing and talented friend. We have grown so much since we first met and I hope we'll be able to work with each other during our careers in our future.


Nicole (right) and I, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment