Friday, February 26, 2021

Peer Feedback + more planning

    Today in class we had the opportunity of getting feedback and advice from our peers. We were placed in random groups of five, where I luckily enough was met with three people whom I worked with in past projects. I was really glad to be able to get advice from people that, to an extent, already know me. We took turns discussing each of our projects and giving our opinions on them. If anything, this discussion just made me really excited to see the finishing pieces of my peers, everyone has unique ideas such as filming about the last person on earth and a person on their descent into madness. Because my idea for the opening is quite simple when compared to others, there wasn't any feedback that presented any new ideas or changed anything that I had already thought of, Overall, the tips I received that did help was some filming and editing techniques that I could use, which is something I've been worrying about considering I have little to no experience with the film other than what we've done in this class. Overall, I'm really glad Ms. Stoklosa gave us this opportunity as not only did it help with the project but it's also nice to talk to some classmates once in a while, especially now that everything's online.
    I also wanted to take the time today to share some new concepts for the opening. Since I'm in the process of drawing up the storyboard and writing a shot list I can't stop thinking about the colours that will be present in the film. As an artist producing a movie featuring an artist, I think it's absolutely important to take time and think about the colours present in the setting as well as the colours I feel it's necessary for the development of the narrative. I plan to use a lot of colour symbolism and contrast in order to convey emotion. In order to organize my thoughts, I decided it would be a good idea to take the time and create a colour palette, so here it is!

Colour palette for the setting- natural hues

Colour palette for the painting- mostly primary hues

    As I'm sure you've noticed above, I included the colour palette for the painting that the artist in the film will be making. The painting itself has been something that I've been thinking about a lot recently. I want the paintings to server a higher purpose than just an item that the artist knocks out in anger, and to do so I have to come up with a design for it. I've been leaning towards an abstract piece, though I tend to focus on realism for my own art, I thought than an abstract piece could perfectly covey the complicated emotions that the artists feel, and that's what this film is about. I do know, however, that I absolutely want the painting to feature primary colours as this creates a contrast between the setting and the art. 


No comments:

Post a Comment