Sunday, February 21, 2021

Set Design

     After watching these films that featured artists I began thinking about the mise en scene for my film opening. As of right now, I'm planning on filming in my own room, though the small space may become an obstacle when filming, I feel like it's the most accessible area I have (it also wouldn't bother my parents too much). I am an artist and so my room has become a sort of makeshift studio that, with some tweaking, could become a proper area for the film to take place in. Here, I have listed items and concepts that I either have or will buy that I feel would bring the set together.

An easel is an essential component for many artists and I believe that our character should definitely have one. 
Along with the easel I plan on buying a drop cloth, which is essentially a piece of cloth artists lay on the floor to catch any paint that drips of the canvas/paintbrush
Though I have a fair amount of paintbrushes I do plan on buying more, especially the larger flat brushes, so that I can scatter them around set in random jars to create a messy atmosphere
I plan on getting a glass pane of sorts to films the shots I mentioned in the previous posts where it looks like the artist is painting on the camera lens
New paint is definitely a must as I'm sure during the filming process we'll end up wasting a lot of it
I also would like to decorate my room a bit with some paintings and pottery. I may use some paintings I've done myself or paintings around the house for this. 

 
Along with the set supplies, I also thought I should mention two items that would aid me in the filming itself. My room doesn't have the best lighting so a ring light would definitely help me with that. The tripod would also help me get smooth and still shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment