Saturday, February 20, 2021

Shots and Angles Research

  Last post I shared what type of shots and angles were most commonly used in drama films. Though I gained a great understanding, I thought that I should look into shots and angles used specifically in movies featuring artists. To do so, I spent the majority of the last two days watching the films I mentioned in my post "Art Films" as well as a movie called Fake, directed by Gregory W Friedle. While watching these films I thought it would be a fun idea to do a technique many artists do to practice composition and shading, which was storyboarding. Through this, I was not only able to achieve a better understanding of shots and angles used specifically to develop an artist but I was also able to practice storyboarding for my own movie opening. This was an activity I was looking forward to do even before this project was introduced so I'm really glad I was able to apply it to my portfolio process. 

Here are a couple of the shots I noted: 

(because they are pretty messy and can be hard to understand I added a quick description of each drawing)

Here I sketched out shots focusing on camera movement
these two drawings are of shots of the actor painting a glass frame, I thought it was a cool scene that gives a different perspective to painting
Here are two shots of different angles used to show the artist painting
A large shot that gives a better look of the studio
Here I sketched out two shots that relied heavily on lighting
and these two were great examples of close-ups
And lastly... a shot where the artist was going through a fit of rage

No comments:

Post a Comment