Monday, March 1, 2021

Storyboarding +Shot list

     After researching shots and angles by watching and sketching out scenes from films that featured artists, I began with my own storyboard. This process actually served to be quite difficult for me. I can practically imagine the film opening in its entirety in my head, but translating it on paper felt impossible. This has been something that I've had to deal with for a while, whether it comes to art or even writing, so in order to combat this, I did my best to keep my drawing simple. Instead of focusing on lighting, shading, and details, I stuck to drawing simple linework in order to show shot types and angles. I also decided to simplify the opening shots. capturing only the main ideas that I know I will include in the opening. I also did this because, for me, it felt like some of the shots were very similar and others were too motion-oriented to draw. 

  

Shot List

First (around) 1 min 30 of the opening 
    -Establishing Shot of the studio, artists setting up
    -Backshot of the artist at canvas 
    -Multiple shots of artist painting, 
        -close-ups
    -Close up of paintbrush, artist messes up (music abruptly stops)
  Last 30 seconds
  -Close up of artist's eyes, zooming in
    -Full shot of studio, artist throwing things around (song starts again)






No comments:

Post a Comment