Saturday, March 20, 2021

Music & Tunes

     Today I spent the afternoon searching for songs to include in the background of the film opening. In order to get royalty-free songs, I used a website called Chosic which allows me to not only search songs based off of mood and genre but also through similar songs. 

    Through the Royalty Free tab, I played around with the different tones and genres available, initially starting with the Rock genre as well as a calm tone. 

    The website was a bit slow and hard to manage however eventually I did find a Blues song that was amazing. The song is called Niles Blues by Kevin Macleod and I thought it fit really well with the film opening. When I went to edit it in, however, an idea popped in my head about making the first shot of the opening a scene of the artist turning on a radio and the song playing. I have this really pretty vintage imitating radio that would fit perfectly for this but in order to include these scenes in the opening, I would have to either cut some scenes or delete shots in total as the opening would be too long. This is something that I will be mulling over spring break and though I'm not entirely sure if I'll be able to do it I still think it would be a cool idea.

Listen to Niles Blues here 

No comments:

Post a Comment