Sunday, March 7, 2021

The Beginning of Editing

     Because I wasn't entirely sure if I had gotten enough shots yesterday, I decided to start editing or at least try to. I've mentioned this before, but besides what we've done in this class my experience in filming and editing is a flat 0, and so it's no surprise that with my first day of editing, there were some problems. 

    The first obstacle was that I had no clue how to transfer my videos to my laptop other than sending them to my phone and then email. This process would've taken me ages as I'd have to practically export and send one by one. With this, I turned to my dad who let me use his computer to transfer directly the videos from the sd to my email. To send it to my email I used a website called WeTranser that allowed me to send multiple files rather than just one. 

    This however presented its own obstacle as I was unaware of a process called "unzipping files". Like I said, I have zero experience when it comes to this so I spent around an hour and a half trying to upload my zipped files into premier to no avail. After researching and trying multiple times and still arriving at a dead end I asked my peers who are taking the same class for some help. These are times that I'm very glass that class group chats exist for a couple of my classmates, including past group members Sabrina and Logan, were able to teach me about zipped files and how I can unzip them. 

   After thanking them for their help I went straight into editing, however, because I had a busy day today that included a 3 hour of SAT tutoring, I wasn't able to get much done. In the end, I was able to only import my files and choose which of the recording I would be using. 

    During the following week, I hope to at least edit a base of my film opening in order to gain a better understanding of which shots are or are not missing. 

Here are some pictures I downloaded from my camera, my amazing friend and actor Nicole, and the masterpiece we created:




Follow along Nicole's own journey with her Aice Media Project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment